Sunday, August 30, 2009

A new semester at HPKCHC....

Been a quiet weekend.  Haven't done much of anything really :-)  I had a bunch of pet sitting customers cancel their plans for going away this weekend because of the weather (it has rained here most of Friday and Saturday) so just spent the weekend catching up on some stuff that I had to do and just hanging out.

September 1st starts the new semester for the HP Knitting/Crocheting House Cup on Ravely.  I will be a second year Hufflepuff :-)  Last semester (semester=year in our little House Cup world) I made so many things.  Trying to finish class assignments and also doing an O.W.L. project kept me knitting happily for 3 months!!  I probably finished more knitting projects during the semester than I have in my entire knitting career.  And yes, some of the projects were just small things...but still 'playing the game' gave me the motivation to try new things and learn new things.

Here are some pics of the things I made last semester

My first pair of socks ever! 
My Hermione Cable and Bobble Hat (first hat ever too!)
A small token of Hufflepuff-ness...a chapstick holder

My Hufflepuff wristies....
Modeled by Harry....ssshhhh he thinks the 'H' stands for Harry...not Hufflepuff :-)
And so many more things...here are a few other pic of things (and there are still more) but these are the more fun ones...

  • Fawkes socks

  • Baby mandrake

  • Illusion washcloth...I spared you more pictures but illusion knitting is very cool...if you look at it straight on it just looks like a white and blue wash cloth...but if you look at it on an angle you see the heart :-)

  • Hermione Cable and Eyelet hat

  • The Teddy Bear with footie pjs was my Defense Against the Dark Arts O.W.L. project - the assignment was to produce a patronus.  This bear was given to a friend who was due to have a baby so would be protecting the new baby.


And there was the shawl that was in hibernation for months that I finally finished and another hat, few other washcloths and 3 other bears (way too many people in my life having babies at the same time!!).  But it was so much fun!  I can't wait to see what our professors have lined up for homework assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and would love to hear from you!