Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Again...it's been awhile....

Let's see...what have I been up to...

Another month of classes has finished at HPKCHC and I ended up turning in more projects than I thought I would at the beginning of the semester.

This kitten washcloth I turned in for my Herbology assignment. 




For knitters and crocheters: Your yarn must be 50% or more from plant origin, ie. bamboo, cotton, hemp, corn. Post must contain brand and fiber content, picture of finished object, and a description of what it was like to work with and how it affects the project. Points awarded based on complexity of project, wit, originality, and evilness. (Trying to bring the evilness into Herbology. Not as easy as it seems, folks, short of having everyone knit with Devil’s Snare…)

This was also part of my package to my swapee in a "Handmade Washcloth and Soap Swap" as well.






This hat was dual purpose.  It was originally for a knit-a-long (KAL) for the Harry Potter Crafters group on Ravlery   It is 'The Practical Animal Crackers Hat' pattern, which is based on Ron Weasley’s hat from the Animal Cracker scene in the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban movie, knit to be more practical for winter wear.  With my choice of colors.  But as luck would have it the assignment for Potion was:

Pepperup Potion - Cures the common cold. You can identify someone who has recently taken this potion by the distinctive steam coming out of their ears for several hours after drinking it. But demand has been heavier than usual this year, and supplies of Pepperup Potion are short. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Knit, crochet, or sew something to keep somebody warm.

And since I will be wearing this in an attempt to stay warm this winter while walking dogs...it fit as my Potions class assignment as well :-)







Let's not forget about these adorable reducio socks, which I used as my Defenese Against the Dark Arts (DADA) assignment....which was "What I Fought on my Summer Holidays"

There was also turning in 33% of my Arithmancy O.W.L. project.  Which I will have to post later as the finished objects will be part of my Yule gifts to friends and family.  So...overall was another productive month at HPKCHC.  I will update later about this month's assignments...and post pics of my great Reducio Swap package....

And of course, it hasn't been all knitting, all the time...there has been lots of pet sitting...the 7 Jack Russells tend to take up much of my time (which I actually need to go and check on as we speak/type)...and to outing to The Big E (always great fun!)...but alas...I hear the russells calling.....


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and would love to hear from you!